Transnet claim to be the biggest organization that offers the most crucial or critical part of the freight logistics chain that delivers goods in South Africa.
Each and every day sees Transnet delivering a huge tonnage of goods around South Africa. It does this through its network of pipeline through its ports. From there it moves its cargo to ships for export while it unloads goods from overseas…
Transnet Mission & Vision
The mission and vision of Transnet is to be a freight transport company that is very focused that promotes the economic growth of South Africa by delivering integrated, reliable, efficient, safe & cost-effective services.
How they plan to do this is by increasing their market share, improving their productivity & profitability and by providing appropriate capacity to their customers ahead of demand…
Divisions of Transnet
Transnet is made up of the following operating divisions:
– Transnet freight rail (formerly Spoornet – the freight rail division)
– Transnet rail engineering (formerly Transwerk – the rolling stock maintenance business)
– Transnet national ports authority (formerly the NPA – fulfils the landlord function for South Africa’s port system)
– Transnet port terminals (formerly SAPO – managing port and cargo terminal operations in the nation’s leading ports), and
– Transnet pipelines (formerly Petronet – the fuel and gas pipeline business, pumps and manages the storage of petroleum and gas products through its network of high-pressure, long distance pipelines)
Transnet Vacancies | Transnet Jobs
Transnet sees itself as a world class employer that has a workforce that is in excess of fifty five thousand employees employed on a permanent basis.
Transnet values highly the dedication and commitment of their employees and go at great lengths to ensure that people with the right skills, who are capable are sustained in the long term.
The Transnet workplace is a dynamic and challenging environment. Transnet offers outstanding career opportunities that are aimed at attracting employees that are results driven.
Where to Search For Job Vacancies at Transnet
One of the first places you can visit is the Transet website under the jobs/career section. The official page is http://www.transnet.net/Career/Pages/Career.aspx
To apply for a job, you will be required to first register at the site. Once you register, you can update your profile and create job alerts as well as search and apply for positions listed on the site.
You will also be able to track the statuses of the jobs that you applied for.
Want to receive more learnership offers? Sign up with your name and email below