Standard bank South Africa is offering a learnership programme that gives unemployed matriculants and graduates in South Africa a chance of getting employment experience.
About The Academy
The Banking Skills Academy is a twelve month programme that will give the above mentioned persons the much needed exposure in various entry level roles within its branches across South Africa. There is a criteria to follow and those that will pass successfully will have to sign a 12-month fixed-term employment contract as well as a learnership contract.
There is an allowance of R2 500 per month for the period that they will be in the programme. After completion, candidates will get a National Certificate in Banking (NQF level 4).
Criteria to Qualify
To be considered in this academy, there are certain criteria that one needs to pass:-
- Ages: 18 – 30 years
- Languages: Read, write & speak English
- Computer: Be computer literate
- Have completed matric with a pass in mathematics, maths literacy or accounting
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Should NOT be registered on any other learnership programme.
Also know that during the application process, the bank will do background checks on:-
- Your education quailifications
- Register for Employees Dismissed
- Proof that you are a South African citizen or have a resident/work permit
- Your credit record
- Past Criminal records
- Reference checks with previous employers (if relevant)
Every interested person must complete an