Standard bank South Africa is offering a learnership programme that gives unemployed matriculants and graduates in South Africa a chance of getting employment experience.
About The Academy
The Banking Skills Academy is a twelve month programme that will give the above mentioned persons the much needed exposure in various entry level roles within its branches across South Africa. There is a criteria to follow and those that will pass successfully will have to sign a 12-month fixed-term employment contract as well as a learnership contract.
There is an allowance of R2 500 per month for the period that they will be in the programme. After completion, candidates will get a National Certificate in Banking (NQF level 4).
Criteria to Qualify
To be considered in this academy, there are certain criteria that one needs to pass:-
- Ages: 18 – 30 years
- Languages: Read, write & speak English
- Computer: Be computer literate
- Have completed matric with a pass in mathematics, maths literacy or accounting
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Should NOT be registered on any other learnership programme.
Also know that during the application process, the bank will do background checks on:-
- Your education quailifications
- Register for Employees Dismissed
- Proof that you are a South African citizen or have a resident/work permit
- Your credit record
- Past Criminal records
- Reference checks with previous employers (if relevant)
Every interested person must complete an online application form. This is the only way one can apply. There will also be an online assessment that applicants must take and the pass mark is 60%.
Those that pass the assessment will be contacted. There will be more competency based assessments to determine whether one will fit the various roles that they will be undertaking during the learnership.
Finally, there will be a face-to-face interview.
Fill in your name and email address below and you will get alerted on new learnerships once we post them on the site