We understand the value of education in South Africa. We also know that studying costs a significant amount and know realise how hard it can be for students and their families who are trying to make ends meet.
Between books, housing, tuition and school supplies, the cost of attending high school, college, university can easily rise into the tens of thousands of rands.
With that in mind we have decided to offer a genuine needy student a $1000 financial scholarship to help meet their education financial obligation for the year 2017 (and possibly beyond) by competing in an essay contest we have come up with. More on that below…
For one to participate in our scholarship contest, he or she must meet the following criteria;-
- Must be a South African citizen.
- He or she must be currently attending their learning institution during the current academic year.
- They must be be in good academic standing with their educational institution
- For any applicant under the age of 18 years, they must have permission from a parent or legal guardian
- Applications will be sent to us via email and you need to provide us with your name, address, and the name of the institution you are attending
- You essay MUST be in video format uploaded on YouTube by the deadline of 30th May..
- After you upload your video, send us the video link to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including your names, address and the institution of learning you are attending. If you are under 18 years include also your parents/guardians names
- Note: For the winning candidate, you will NOT be paid in cash but the fees will be sent directly to the learning institution that you in.
Scholarship Essay Topic
In order to participate in the scholarship essay contest, applicants will have to present to us a 2-3 minute video essay discussing the following topic:
Upload your video essay on Youtube and send the link to us as per the instructions above. Your essays will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the question
- Thoughtfulness and originality
- The persuasiveness of the arguments presented
We will then shortlist potential winners (based on the criteria mentioned above) then contact their learning institution to verify the student details. Once we ascertain that they are in good academic standing with the institution, we will choose the winner and notify him/her.